Rocketo Food is Raw Dehydrated – How does this Processing Maintain the Goodness in the Food?
A lot of enzymes, vitamins and minerals, especially vitamins, are really sensitive to heat. Since we keep the heat in all stages of the process below 40 degrees, we avoid vitamins and amino acids changing their form. By keeping the food in its original form, the intestinal tract and microbiome of the dog can recognise, absorb and utilise all the nutrients. This means that all the goodness is available to the dog, and the dogs digestive system and organs don’t have to overwork to access these.
What do we mean by Dehydrated?
We simply slowly remove the moisture from the food. This helps to naturally preserve the food, and to kill harmful parasites and bacteria, without destroying the integrity of the nutrients. This is one of the oldest and safest forms of food preservation, but the way we do it, at low temperatures is VERY different from others. Most companies dehydrate at much higher temperatures, which then destroys many enzymes, vitamins and minerals and has a detrimental impact on the nutritional value of the food. Adding the water back into the food before feeding ensures that the perfect moisture levels are fed for health.
Why Do we Air Dry at below 40 degrees?
Helping dog parents to be able to feed fresh, real, organic and nutritionally balanced food EVERY DAY is our aim. To do this we make it as easy and safe to use as possible, whilst ensuring all the nutritional benefits are maintained. We believe air drying provides the perfect balance of fresh raw and convenient food for dogs and owners. Air drying has the following benefits over feeding frozen food:
- As we are not shipping large amounts of water (yet ensure the final fed food has the correct water %), this means that less space needed for transporting and storing the food = less space needed at home and less environmental impact;
- No need to remember when to take it out of the freezer;
- Can take the perfect portion size for each sized dog (no smelly raw food left over for the next day needing to be stored in the fridge!)
- Easy to travel with
- Safe to handle especially around young children
- No nasty smells
- Air dried at below 40 degrees – this ensures that no vitamins, minerals or enzymes are destroyed;
- No alteration of amino acid structure – this is crucial to preventing conditions such as DCM. Sulfur containing amino acids are prone to heating, which coincidentally are the ones that a dog needs to produce Taurine, the substance that protects the heart from losing its integrity.
- Gently removes moisture – this reduces the chance of pathogenic bacteria growth making it very safe, and also adds to convenience for owners as the food can be stored out of a freezer and still have an excellent shelf life.
- Reduces packaging – Rocketo will soon be 100% plastic free. Alas most frozen food requires a lot of plastic packaging.